Juma Ventures strives to break the cycle of poverty by paving the way to work, education and financial capability for youth across America. Founded in 1993 with a single Ben & Jerry’s Shop in San Francisco, Juma’s initial business (social enterprise) was designed to give homeless youth the training and job experience they needed to transition from living on the streets to enjoying a stable adulthood. Since then, Juma has become a nationally recognized youth development organization focused on employment, financial capability, and career supportive services.
Juma has experienced an exciting amount of growth over the last five years, expanding from four to six U.S. cities. Today, Juma operates 20 concession businesses and in 2019 will employ over 1,000 youth at major sports and entertainment venues across the United States (Atlanta, Houston, the Bay Area, Sacramento, San Jose, Seattle).
As one of the country’s largest youth-run social enterprises, Juma has now employed more than 7,200 low-income youth who have generated $34 million in enterprise revenue and earned $9.5 million in wages. Our strong leadership, dedicated staff and committed funding partners have led to numerous awards including the National Youth Employment Coalition’s PEPNet Award for Promising and Effective Practices, the National Organization of the Year from the Social Enterprise Alliance and the winner of the Social Impact Exchange ‘Scaling Business Plan’ competition for our national expansion efforts. More recently, after just four years in operation, Juma Seattle won the 2017 Gold Award at the Seattle Business Magazine’s Community Impact Awards for Youth Development Non Profit of the Year.
Juma is looking for great people who share our passion for working with youth and for using business as a tool for sustainable social impact. Our workplace is supportive, open, inclusive and relevant, focused on youth, empowerment, dedication and respect.
Are you a Salesforce guru with nonprofit experience? Are you a data-driven professional interested using your skills to have an impact on the community?
Reporting to the Chief Development Officer (CDO), the Salesforce Database Administrator will manage Juma’s fundraising donor database and be responsible for the administration of Juma’s fundraising efforts.
As a Salesforce Administrator you will bring expertise in the Salesforce platform, and bring focus to improving the system every day for the development team and organization. You will build on the past few years of significant investment in infrastructure, and take our game to the next level. You will be a trusted advisor and a well-rounded professional to streamline processes and ensure data integrity, while also providing database and technical support to all internal and external stakeholders of the organization.
This is an exciting position for a self-motivated Salesforce professional seeking to utilize and grow their technological skill sets within a nonprofit.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee Salesforce donor database and work with the Development Department to ensure that data is accurate, accessible and secure;
- Oversee Salesforce database administration including system upgrades, new users, etc;
- Produce Salesforce reports and assist in analyzing data;
- Identify errors/discrepancies and follow-up with the appropriate stakeholders for resolution;
- Improve processes and bring innovative ideas to manage day-to-day support for all staff members;
- Manage and develop reports in Salesforce according to the direction of various stakeholders;
- Stay up-to-date on the latest Salesforce installments and provide recommendations on new tools;
- Troubleshoot database issues and provide technical support as needed.
- Timely administration of institutional and individual donations, including thank you letters, grant agreements, donor listings, and other donor acknowledgement activities;
- Maintain accurate and complete records of online donor communications and paper files;
- Creating and updating mailing lists and donor statistics;
- Maintain Development Department drives and records;
- Prepare and produce relevant database reports for the Development and Accounting Departments, complete monthly data reconciliation;
Training and Documentation
- Develop and maintain technical documentation for Salesforce data entry and other administrative processes;
- Develop and deliver new user training and support materials to Juma’s entire development team, site directors and finance team; .
Other Development Department Activities (Estimated 20% of time)
- Participate as an active member of the national Development Department;
- Provide administrative support to the Chief Development Officer;
- Provide logistical support for fundraising events and appeals, volunteer events, and other various department activities as needed.
- Experience using a Salesforce CRM database, certified Salesforce Administrator preferred;
- Previous administrative experience;
- Precision and quality focused, refusal to let details fall through the cracks;
- A comfort with numbers, data, spreadsheets and reports
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks, and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Team player with strong relationship building and interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, motivated, and able to take initiative in all situations; ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and inclusive environment.
- Experience from a not-for-profit organization preferred
Reports to: Chief Development Officer
Job Location: 131 Steuart St, Suite 201, San Francisco, CA 94105
Starting Salary: Salary and benefits will be competitive and commensurate with experience
Classification: Full-time, Non-Exempt
Hours/Week: 40+ hours, weekends and evenings occasionally required
Education: Bachelor’s degree required
Years of Experience: 1-2 years relevant professional experience
Benefits Include: Employee benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 403B plan, and a significant paid time off package
Please submit the following to Cassandra Yee, Director of Operations at email@example.com:
1. A thoughtful cover letter outlining your interest in the position and how your qualifications align with the above requirements and Juma’s focus and mission
2. Current resume
3. Salary requirements
Due to the volume of responses, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.