Juma San Francisco is looking for a YouthConnect Program Coordinator who will work alongside the Site Lead to steward the YouthConnect program, connecting low-income young adults to education and career pathways, and building their financial capability. The YouthConnect Program Coordinator will be responsible for successful program implementation in three phases:
1. Recruitment: Recruiting youth by coordinating with nonprofit partner agencies,
2. Program Participation: Providing youth with critical on-the-job and program support to overcome barriers to successful employment, and
3. Transition / Placement: Building and maintaining strong partnerships with local employers and education providers
The Program Coordinator provides all local Juma clients with support as both a mentor and as a leader of Juma’s programming via the following methods: virtual 1:1 and in-person (when possible) employment/education connection support.
Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment & Partnership Development
- Manages, develops and grows key relationships with community based organizations (CBO) for enhanced recruitment
- Works with the Enterprise Manager on youth recruitment
- Establishes and maintains positive relationships with partner organizations/case managers to track and advocate for youth clients
Training & Development of Youth
- Leads, collaborates, and delivers in alignment with national YouthConnect program standards, workshops (virtual and in-person) that facilitate learning for young adults on topics concerning career development, employment and education.
- Meets regularly with the site team and HQ to review and complete Exit and COS Data, collaborating to engage in continuous program improvement, ensuring youth outcomes are achieved while operating efficiently.
- Partners with local banking agencies to deliver financial capabilities curriculum as well as lead Juma’s own Financial Capabilities curriculum.
Job Placement and Retention
- Oversees individual goal planning plus research on employment & education opportunities for Juma participants.
- Conducts individual goal planning exercises with clients designed to identify their next steps toward a career pathway
- Researches and connects participants with employment & education opportunities based on the site landscape and the individual goals of Juma clients.
Program Evaluation & Quality Improvement
- Collaborates with the Senior Director of Data Systems & Evaluation to engage in continuous program improvement, ensuring youth outcomes are achieved while operating efficiently.
- Minimum 2 years of experience working in youth development
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area or its equivalent
- Must be available to work night and weekends as needed
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), Internet, etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge and respect for youth leadership and youth culture
- Experience working with employers to place jobseekers is a bonus
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills
- Self-starter, motivated, and able to take initiative in all situations; ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and inclusive environment
- Accepts ownership for outcomes and consequences of one’s behavior
- High level of attention to detail, accuracy and organization. Ability to complete multiple tasks simultaneously and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Demonstrates strong customer focus with respect, patience and efficiency
- Builds rapport and cooperation with persons inside and outside of Juma though interpersonal understanding. Maintains a network of contacts that can provide information and assistance
- Able to identify and anticipate a problem, analyze the situation and various perspectives, offer and/or seek assistance in order to identify solutions and, when appropriate, decide on and implement a course of action
- Ability to adjust style and approach according to environment and audience
- LGBTQ, bicultural, and/or minority applicants as well as applicants experienced within foster care systems are especially encouraged to apply
- All prospective staff will be fingerprinted and must pass a criminal background check
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records (where applicable)
|Reports to:||San Francisco Site Director|
|Job Location:||San Francisco, CA|
|Starting Salary:||$50-60k DOE|
|Education:||Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience|
|Years of Experience:||Minimum 2 years of experience in youth development|
|Benefits Include:||Employee benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 403B plan, and a significant paid time-off package|
Juma Ventures strives to break the cycle of poverty by paving the way to work, education and financial capability for youth across America. Founded in 1993 with a single Ben & Jerry’s Shop in San Francisco, Juma’s initial business, a social enterprise, was designed to give homeless youth the training and job experience they needed to transition from living on the streets to enjoying a stable adulthood. Since then, Juma has become a nationally recognized youth development organization focused on employment, financial capability, and career supportive services.
Today, Juma operates over 20 concession businesses and employs up to 1,000 youth every year at major sports and entertainment venues across the United States (Atlanta, Houston, Sacramento, San Francisco, San Jose, and Seattle). As one of the country’s largest youth-run social enterprises, as of 2021 Juma has employed 9,275 low-income youth who have earned $12.4 million in wages, saved $6.4 million for post-secondary education, and generated $38.6 million in enterprise revenue to continue advancing our mission.
Our strong leadership, dedicated staff, and committed funding partners have led to numerous awards including the National Youth Employment Coalition’s PEPNet Award for Promising and Effective Practices, the National Organization of the Year from the Social Enterprise Alliance and the winner of the Social Impact Exchange ‘Scaling Business Plan’ competition for our national expansion efforts. In recent years, 97% of youth participants indicated they would “recommend Juma to a friend” and likewise, our most recent staff satisfaction rate was 93%.
Juma is looking for great people who share our passion for working with youth and for using business as a tool for sustainable social impact. Our workplace is supportive, open, inclusive and relevant, focused on youth, empowerment, dedication, and respect. Our four core values are Youth First, Stronger Together, Respect & Appreciation, and Integrity & Transparency.
Please submit the following to email@example.com:
- A thoughtful cover letter outlining your interest in the position and how your qualifications align with the above requirements and Juma’s focus and mission
- Current resume
- Salary requirements
Due to the volume of responses, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.