Juma strives to break the cycle of poverty by paving the way to work, education, and financial capability for youth across America. In 1993, Juma Ventures (www.Juma.org) became the first nonprofit organization to own and operate a commercial franchise—a single Ben & Jerry’s ice cream shop in San Francisco. Since then, Juma has grown into a nationally-recognized youth development organization serving 1,000 low-income students each year at different major sporting venues in six cities – Atlanta, San Francisco Bay Area, San Jose, Sacramento, Seattle and Houston. Juma has employed more than 5,500 young people who have generated $26 million in enterprise revenue, earned $6.5 million in wages and saved over $5 million for higher education.
Juma has received numerous awards for its work including the National Youth Employment Coalition’s PEPNet Award, a Community Achievement Award from the Social Enterprise Alliance, and the Social Impact Exchange Business Plan. Most recently, Juma was recognized with the California Association of Nonprofits Achievement in Innovation Award; was one of five nonprofits awarded the “Game Changer” grant by the 50 Fund, the philanthropic arm of the Super Bowl 50 Host Committee; and, after just two years of operations, Juma Seattle was a Silver Recipient of Seattle’s Business Magazine’s Community Impact Award.
Juma is looking for great people who share our passion for working with youth and using business as a tool for sustainable social impact. Our workplace is supportive, open, inclusive and relevant, focused on youth, empowerment, dedication and respect.
Juma is seeking a talented Enterprise Manager with a track record of success in sales or business development in a fast paced environment to drive Juma’s Social Enterprise operation and to serve as a key member of our Enterprise Team. Reporting to the Houston Site Director, the Enterprise Manager will be responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, and developing individuals ages 18-24 to thrive in a professional work environment. The Enterprise Manager will manage the day to day operations at their respective site, thereby advancing Juma’s mission and creating a meaningful impact in the lives of youth. The candidate will also serve as a mentor and coach for young adults.
Duties and Responsibilities
Recruitment & Training
- Presentations to pitch YouthConnect Program.
- Lead Orientation training for young adults ages 18-24.
- Plan and track objectives via software for youth attendance and goals.
Day-to-Day Concession/Vending Operations
- Maintaining daily, monthly, and seasonal budgets and forecasts.
- Creating an environment of exceptional customer service.
- Ensuring that all safety procedures are followed and working conditions are safe.
- Listening to and resolving customer complaints regarding service, product, or personnel.
- Maintain a strong relationship with HR Staff and the Front Office.
- Assist in planning and managing corporate volunteer days.
- Assist in providing tours of venue operations for volunteers, supporters, etc.
Staff Management & Development
- Serve as a mentor and coach to further develop the capabilities of young adults.
- Create a work environment that fosters teamwork, personal growth, and self-confidence.
- Conduct employee performance reviews and provide ongoing support and feedback to youth regarding their job performance.
Collaboration with Juma Staff
- Develop an efficient and beneficial relationship with the Youth Services team to integrate business needs and program services.
Required Skills and Experience
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines.
- Team player with exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter, motivated, and able to take initiative in all situations; ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and inclusive environment.
- LGBTQ, bicultural, and/or minority applicants as well as applicants experienced within foster care systems are especially encouraged to apply
- All prospective staff will be fingerprinted and pass a criminal background check
Reports to: Houston Site Director
Job Location: Houston, TX
Starting Salary: Salary and benefits commensurate with experience
Classification: Full-time, Exempt
Hours/Week: 60 hrs/wk during season | 40 hrs/wk during off-season
Education: Bachelor’s degree required
Years of Experience: Minimum 2 years of experience
Benefits Include: Employee benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 403B plan, and a significant paid time-off package
Please submit the following to Cassandra Yee, Director of Operations at firstname.lastname@example.org
A thoughtful cover letter outlining your interest in the position and how your qualifications align with the above requirements and Juma’s focus and mission
Due to the volume of responses, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.