Juma is seeking a talented Social Enterprise Manager with a track record of success in management, customer service, sales or business development in a fast paced environment to drive Juma’s Social Enterprise operations and to serve as a key member of our Enterprise Team.
Reporting to the Seattle Site Director, the Enterprise Manager will be responsible for recruiting, hiring, training, and developing individuals ages 16-24 to thrive in a professional work environment.
The Enterprise Manager will also be responsible for the oversight of all Juma held contracts in the assigned territory, including the day-to-day management of all concessions operations and the youth workforce experience from both a business and social mission perspective. The candidate will also serve as a mentor and coach for young adults.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Recruitment & Partnership Development (in a support role)
- Work with the Site Lead and the Program staff to recruit our youth team
- Support with programmatic efforts including relationship building with community and employment partners.
- Business Management, Growth & Administration
- Support all Enterprise Contract conversations and development of new local ENT opportunities, maintaining positive relationships throughout.
- Understand stadium venue agreements, terms and execution plans. Full understanding and ability to train AEMs (Assistant enterprise managers) on process, procedure and operational plans
- Serve as point of contact for all Concessionaire and Invoice communications
- Day-to-Day Concession/Vending Operations
- Create and maintain the environment of exceptional customer service based on Juma’s values and guiding principles.
- Oversee all day-to-day concession operations.
- Execute or oversee bi-weekly submission of time and attendance. Juma uses ADP for all time tracking.
- Delegate day to day support duties to AEM(s).
- Youth Training & Development
- Serve as a mentor and coach to further develop the capabilities of youth staff and youth managers.
- Conduct employee performance reviews and provide ongoing support and feedback to youth regarding their job performance.
- Support Job Placement & Retention efforts as needed.
- Maintain a regular presence at scheduled youth work shifts, provide on the job supervision at work venues.
- Collaboration with Juma Staff & Program Evaluation
- Meet regularly with the site team and HQ to review and complete Exit and COS Data, collaborating to engage in continuous program improvement, ensuring youth outcomes are achieved while operating efficiently
- Assist with communications/surveys to both current and past Juma participants as needed for retention data
- Support as needed with co-facilitated workshops.
- Staff Management & Development
- Is responsible for the oversight of Seattle’s scheduling and delivery of all professional and stadium based training for both adult and youth staff
- Oversee hiring and onboarding of Assistant Enterprise Manager(s)
- Must be available to work nights and weekends as needed, per professional sporting event schedules.
- Experience in food service management, youth development, and nonprofit organizations a plus.
- Demonstrated ability to manage and lead a very large team.
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks simultaneously with close attention to detail and prioritization to meet deadlines
- Exceptional interpersonal, relationship building and written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Experience working with youth of color and working class/low income youth.
- Passion and respect for youth leadership and youth development.
- Experience in providing instruction/training to various people and personalities.
- Good physical stamina; environment and responsibilities can be physically demanding. Must be able to climb stairs, stand for up to 8 hours a day, and lift 25 pounds.
- Self-starter, motivated, and able to take initiative in all situations; ability to function effectively in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial and inclusive environment.
- LGBTQ, bicultural, and/or minority applicants as well as applicants experienced within foster care systems are especially encouraged to apply
- All prospective staff will be fingerprinted and pass a criminal background check
- Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalent experience
- Proficient in Google Suite and Microsoft Office (particularly Excel), Internet, etc.
- High professional and ethical standards for handling confidential information
- Demonstrates strong customer focus with respect, patience and efficiency
- Able to identify and anticipate a problem, analyze the situation and various perspectives, offer and/or seek assistance in order to identify solutions and, when appropriate, decide on and implement a course of action
- Ability to adjust style and approach according to environment and audience
- Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records (where applicable)
|Reports to:||Seattle Site Director|
|Job Location:||Seattle, WA|
|Hours/Week:||40+ Hours; weekends and evenings required.|
|Education:||Bachelor’s Degree required|
|Years of Experience:||Minimum 2 yrs. of experience in business management, finance, operations, or concessions food & beverage.|
|Benefits Include:||Employee benefits include medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 403B plan, and a significant paid time-off package|
Please submit the following to Lainie Farmer, Seattle Site Director at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- A thoughtful cover letter outlining your interest in the position and how your qualifications align with the above requirements and Juma’s focus and mission
- Current resume
- Salary requirements
Due to the volume of responses, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.